Music Teacher Finds at IKEA




I am VERY excited that a new IKEA store just opened in Columbus, only about 15 minutes away from me! If you've never been to IKEA, it's quite the experience...kind of like going to a museum and going shopping at the same time. I found so many great ideas for organization when I last shopped, so today, I'm blogging about several different items that you could purchase from IKEA for your music room!



I've linked each picture to the item on IKEA's website, so simply click if you'd like to view or purchase.

These baskets and metal tubs would be great for lots of different items: scarves for movement, tennis balls for practicing meter, rhythm sticks, wood blocks, and so much else!


I have two of these tables in my room, and they are GREAT. Very cheap, easy for kids to sit at and work, and/or good for placing items like pencils, worksheets, etc.


These carts would also be great for storing instruments and mallets!

Again, a great way to store instruments!

I considering buying a few of these stools, since I use flexible seating. However, they have a weight limit of 77 pounds, so I think they'd work better in a K-2 classroom. These would work well for putting glockenspiels on, though, so kids don't have to play them on the ground.


These rugs would be great just to add some color to your classroom! You could also use them as a visual for matching pitch (the purple circle could be in tune, and the blue circle could be flat or sharp.)


These could be great for storing recorders!

These rolls of washi tape could be great for labeling drawers, mallets, and more!


These would be a great way to add a little pizazz to your classroom!

This is a picture from inside my classroom, of my cardboard magazine racks for different concepts. I really have loved having everything sorted so clearly!





You could also use these racks, which are a bit more expensive but prettier:


Or these white metal racks:

These cute tail hooks could work for any number of things: holding schedule cards, holding a sign for your classroom...really anything that you use 3-M hooks for!


These fake plants are pretty AND of course don't take time to water!


While I was there, I bought these stools for my flexible seating area:


I also bought these wall decal to go with my travel-themed classroom:


What are your favorite finds at IKEA for the music room? Feel free to post links below, and happy shopping and organizing!

SaveSave

No comments

Post a Comment